How To Market An App: 5 Best Ways To Promote Your Mobile App
From app store optimization to endorsing influencers, these app marketing strategies are sure to boost your app’s visibility and the total number of downloads.
1. Maximize Your App Visibility By Performing Thorough App Store Optimization
App Store Optimization (ASO) is for mobile apps what Search Engine Optimization is for websites.
App market is oversaturated and projected to grow at a rate of 18.5% between 2019 and 2026.
ASO is the most effective app marketing strategy that can help your app be more discoverable and is an effective way of reaching prospective users on App Store and Google Play.
Some of the benefits of ASO are
- Improved visibility
- Increase in organic downloads
- Reach of relevant users
- Cutting down of user acquisition costs
- Increase in revenue and conversion rate
The following factors affect ASO the most and are an integral part of mobile app marketing best practices:
- App name: Must be unique in order to position the app in the store so that it is visible to the majority of users. Once you decide on the name, resist the urge to change it at any point as that can create problems by dropping out of users’ sight.
- Keywords: Without “keyword stuffing”, include all the relevant keywords and key phrases in your app description that users will type in to look for apps to download. You can obtain useful clues in this area by researching competitors who were successful in this area.
- App description: It should very clearly and without any ambiguity describe what your app is about, what its functionalities are and point out the app’s value over similar products.
- Screenshots and videos: Having several in-app screenshots that showcase the layout, visuals and UI, as well as video of the app, is important – research has shown that a better version of your first two screenshots increases conversions by 25%.
- App ratings and user reviews: The higher the rating an app has, the higher its conversion rates and the higher its position in app stores’ search results will be. In-app messaging, call to action techniques and push notifications can encourage users to leave a comment and rate the app, while implementing a bug report system or a contact form can minimize the amount of negative feedback.
2. Target Specific Audiences For Higher Returns Through Social Media Advertising
Social media is unavoidable as a mobile app marketing strategy. It allows for targeting potential users by specific interests and various demographics.
If you do your target audience and market research right, you can have a very good idea what kind of users to target on social media – and make sure they are the only ones who see and click on your ads, to minimize advertising cost and boost app downloads.
There are two ways you can use social media for app marketing purposes:
- Organic: This comes from simply being present on social media by having Facebook and Instagram pages or a YouTube channel. Your app business can gain organic reach by following people in your industry and target audience and connecting with them by posting relevant, meaningful content about your app and encouraging conversation.
- Paid: Combining organic social media efforts with paid ad campaigns will boost your brand’s visibility and discoverability. Facebook and Instagram, in particular, have a great audience segmentation abilities when advertising, which will lead more people to your app.
3. Use Official Website As A Landing Page And Focal Point For Your App Marketing
Research shows that 75% of consumers admit to making judgments on a company’s credibility based on their website.
In the age of social media, most business managers make the mistake of believing that official websites are redundant and obsolete. This is wrong for many reasons.
Having a website for your business – and that can also be a promotion of your app – is still very important as it provides these benefits:
- Legitimacy and credibility: Having a website for your app sends a message of trust and your own level of investment in the app to your prospective users.
- Constant online presence: A website is like a store that is open non-stop. Your customers can find key info on your app anywhere, anytime.
- Organic visibility and other SEO perks: With a website that is well optimized for search engines, your app can get to the top of search results and be much more visible to an audience looking for app solutions you provide.
- Reduced advertising costs: Having a website for an app business reduces the cost of paid advertising significantly since you have a reliable online spot of your own where your app is being constantly advertised – free of charge.
Having a pre-launch website for your app is great for building domain authority, which is also a good SEO practice. A website might act as a pre-launch landing page for the app – ideally, with a video that can be re-used by placing it in the app store and on social platforms.
A website with a call-to-action that entices visitors to leave their emails can be useful for letting them know about your app launch, updates, new features and incoming positive reviews.
4. Create A Buzz Through PRs And Guest Blogging
Using press releases and guest blogging are two great ways to market your app’s release and create buzz and the authority’s credibility around it.
Press releases such as interviews with relevant media and tech bloggers and guest blogging build an audience. You can post on a variety of blogs when it comes to marketing your mobile app, such as ones related to your target audience’s niche and blogs about mobile devices – any whose audience would be most likely to download an app.
Since you shouldn’t use guest blogging to self-promote your business and app, it is advisable to write guest blog posts in a way to steer the topic towards the finale in which you mention your mobile app.
The reader would be ready to check it out by that point, so make sure you link to app pages on your website, Google Play, App Store, iTunes or any other vendor where your app exists.
5. Endorse Influencers To Find Unexplored Demographics And Generate Authority
Research has shown that 49% of consumers rely on influencer recommendations.
With that in mind, think about any possible connections in the tech world within your niche you can reach out to or any industry-specific influencer you can contact that would be interested in reviewing your app. A powerful way to promote your app would be through their blogs and social media channels where droves of new, unexplored potential users await.
It is important, however, that these influencers align with your app’s target audience to be sure you will actually gain and retain new users. Also, your pitch to them should be professional and concise and contain a link to your press kit and app landing pages so they have access to all the information they would need for writing an article or a post about your app.
Read more about this at following link Best Digital Marketing Agencies